11.14.2011

While researching about technology in the classroom, I found that many teachers are starting to use iPads to make topics interesting to their students. What I learned about having this technology will also enable a teacher to organize their schedule for the week, send emails on the go, and also to record grades and other information for each child. For a student and teacher use, one can also record what assignments they need to do and also they can set an alarm as a reminder which is very helpful to anybody!

On a website called Power to Learn, it has information on how the iPad is basically a library. Instead of carrying around multiple hard copies of books, teachers will have hundreds of books in one place that is easy to carry around and use. It is called the iBooks app. It actually has more than 50,000 free books, including most of those included for K-12 literature.There are also apps, such as iMaps, that allow the teacher to help students learn about directions and geography, which is key for all students to know.There is also a free Dictionary.com app that will let students research new words and find out the meaning. There so many other features that come free on an iPad and many more that you can buy that will help making teaching and learning easier and more interesting. Of course, you don't want to use an iPad all the time, but when and if you do, it should help out in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, you stated some wonderful and interesting ideas. I was unaware of how many free apps are available. That amazes me! Not much is free anymore!

    As a teacher, I would greatly benefit from the use of an iPad. I am a very organized person, and that would be wonderful to have everything I need literally in the palm of my hand. It would also provide a fast and easy way to access the internet or email during a classroom situation.

    And 50,000+ free books! That completely excites me! I am all about finding bargains and deals, and you cannot get much better than free! What a great tool to have, especially for preservice teachers who may not have the money to purchase books for a classroom library. I get excited just thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete