10.30.2011

Teaching with Technology

Before being in this class, I hadn't built a website, written on a blog, or made a portaportal. Learning and creating these assignments has allowed me to think more about I want my classroom to be. It has given me new ideas about the type of atmosphere I would like my classroom to be. Videos and Clips will be a big part of my classroom, not only because my students will view them, but because parents will be able to view the videos on my classroom website.  The use of videos can be a powerful teaching tool because it reiterates what I teach in words to my students. Even though it can be difficult for students to learn about new technology, practice makes perfect. Practice in my case has helped me immensely. Trial and Error can be a good thing as it helps you to remember mistakes and how to avoid them in the future.

It can improve the thought process of my students and allow them to grasp principles more easily if they are able to see and watch it rather than just listen to words or read a piece of paper. As a future teacher, I want to be able to to teach my students my students to the best of my ability and give them every opportunity, and I think this aspect will help me in the long run. Students will be able to access the videos at home if they want to watch it again if they have a question for homework. The use of technology will make connections for parents as well. They will have the ability to use my website or the programs on my portaportal with their children without having to be in the classroom. Overall, technology has the power to make or break your classroom environment. It is all about the use and knowledge of it and experimentation is the key.

1 comment:

  1. I think the power of technology has developed an incredible amount over the recent years. I also believe it will continue to emerge. All the time you hear older folks say that they didn't grow up with technology so it is new to them. However, the children we teach now and for years to come will pretty much only know things that deal with technology. I think the incorporation of it in the classroom is not only a good thing, but a very vital thing to have success. Children want to be interactive in a fun learning environment and the use of technology does this for them.

    ReplyDelete